You are going to learn about the following topics:
- Setting up your TypeScript development environment
- Working with the TypeScript compiler
- Updating Node.js and npm
- Configuring environment settings in Node.js
- Working with npm packages
- Fixing npm permissions
- Editing the npm configuration files
- Creating and publishing npm packages
- Installing type declaration files
- Creating and distributing type declaration files
- Working with Gulp
- Managing the task execution order
- Working with important Gulp recipes
- TypeScript development using various IDEs
This book aims to help you to become a more flexible and effective TypeScript engineer.Your final goal should be to become a full-stack TypeScript engineer.
The term full-stack means developers who are comfortable working with both back-end and front-end technologies.
The first step in your journey to become full-stack TypeScript developers is to master the TypeScript development tools and environment, and that is exactly what this first chapter is all about.